I have a card to share today using a mix of embossing, die cutting glitter cardstock and a little painty fun with watercolors.
You can see the full product list below.
I broke out my trusty Sizzix Big Shot Machine for the embossing and die cutting.
I embossed using my Big Shot Machine and Dotted Squares Textured Impressions on White 100# cardstock.
Next I cut a panel from Prussion Aqua Blue Glitter 81# cardstock to use as a mat for my embossed panel. Oooh sparkly! The color is just yummy!
Once you have your panel together add it to a white card back. This is one of my favorite embossing folders. The simple pattern works well with about everything.
I die cut my Thinlits Celebration Words phrases from Prussion Aqua Blue Glitter 81# cardstock (same as I used for my mat). I used the Precision Base Plate for Thinlits Dies and it cut like butter through the Glitter cardstock. Don’t forget to use your Sizzix Die Brush for getting all the teeny paper pieces out of your dies.
Here is another look at my card. You can see I added some random paint splatters in springy colors. I did this before adding the sentiment die cuts. Don’t be afraid to play around adding color like this to a project.
Hope you enjoyed my project. It was a fun and easy one to make.
Here are the supplies I used for today’s project:
I have a project & tutorial on the Sizzix Blog today!
You can check it out HERE.
It’s time for a new Mix-Ability Challenge on Splitcoast!
This week we were challenged to use a feather in our project… that was easy! Thanks Cheerio for the pretty feather donation.
I made my background by first stamping (Wild Honey ink directly on the embossing folder and then using it as a stamp). Then I sponged some Shabby Shutters and Broken China ink randomly on my card. I used the same embossing folder (Chevron & Latice Texture Fades) to emboss.
I used Sizzix Holiday Greens & Sizzix Holiday Words to decorate.
I decided it needed a pop of color and added some splats with diluted Shinhan Poster Colors Poster Color (Magenta). Great paint.. I seriously used a pinhead sized dot of paint with water to get all the pin splats.