I’m having some fun with a new owl die and another favorite die/stamp set from Sizzix. I made this card for the Inspiration Emporium’s August challenge.
1. Cut Sunflower cardstock 1o” x 5. Score and fold at 5″.
2. Line up the fold of the card so it is just under the point of the ears on the die. Die cut. This will create your card back.
3. Cut patterned paper for the owl’s body and wings. Sponge with Chocolate ink.
4. Adhere patterned paper to the front of the card.
5. Cut eyes with white and black cardstock. Attach to card.
6. Stamp and die cut kite from patterned paper twice.
7. Die cut cloud from white cardstock twice. Attach one cloud behind kite (I used Scotch tape).
8. Add wire with Scotch tape to cloud and kite with Scotch tape. I bent the wire so it would go behind the cloud and kite. Cover the back of die cuts with extra cloud and kite die cuts.
9. Attach wire to owl under where the left wing will be placed with a little piece of tape. Adhere wing over wire, attach other wing.
10. Die cut kite tails from purple cardstock. Attach.
Die cuts/stamps: Sizzix 655268 Sizzix Big Shot, 57694 Sizix Bigz Owl #2, 657581 Sizzix Framelits Die/stamp set Kites
Cardstock: DiscountCardstock.com Sunflower 80#, Soot 80#, Neenah Solar White 80#
Patterned paper: Basic Gray (retired)
Ink: Clearsnap Premium Die Ink (Chocolate, Licorice)
Wire: Flower Soft
Adhesive: Scotch tape