Here’s another Paper Piecing tutorial. This is such a fun technique I figured I needed to do another step by step for you to try!
All stamps are from My Favorite Things
Stamps: You Take the Cake, Behind the Scenes – My Favorite Things
Paper: Whisper White, Blush Blossom, Apricot Appeal, Chocolate Chip, DP from DCWV
Ink: Noir Black Palette, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Markers, Diamond Stickles, Sharp Scissors, Ribbon from IQ Accessories
Step 1 –
Stamp you images. Here’s what I used:
Dress and background – DP from DCWV
Arms – Blush Blossom (or any flesh looking color)
Cake – Close to Cocoa (or off white if you want a white cake)
Add shadows and glitter. I used markers for the shadows on the cake, dots on dress and candles.
Cut out your pieces. I sponged the inside edge of the dress with a little red for shading.
Assemble your pieces onto the background piece. I did it in this order:
Finish your card!
I had the supreme honor yesterday of turning on the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges!!! How cool is that! The best part is that it went smooth as butter and i didn’t make anybody wait…..lol
It was another fun day on SCS yesterday. Four more great DTGD challenges (plus the Ways to Use It). Here’s what I did:
1. There’s a sneak peak of a soon to be released (8-01) My Favorite Things set “It’s Elemental” on this one!!! Details – Bubbly
2. Details can be found here – Bright Baby
3. Details can be found here – Fuzzy Flowers
4. Details can be found here – Thank You
5. Details can be found here – The Queen
The Dare to Get Dirty Challenges at SCS started with a bang yesterday! The Fan Clubbers rocked the gallery with over 400 entries!!! Great stuff….. more challenges today!
Here’s my cards from yesterday:
1 – Details can be found here – Filled with Flowers
2. Details can be found here – Latte
3. Details can be found here – Cupcake day
4. Details can be found here – Sorry
And then there was my weekly Sketch Challenge (thanks Roxie!). Details here – Make a Wish